Field Trip Reminders
We leave on our field trip to the Sam Houston Memorial Museum tomorrow morning right after Rise and Shine. I have a few reminders to make sure that everything runs as smoothly as possible tomorrow.
- Be on time to school! We are leaving right after Rise and Shine.
- Bring your lunch (including a drink)! We will be eating at the museum. You are responsible for carrying your lunch.You may bring a backpack in which to carry your lunch.
- Please no cameras or cell phones. The teachers will be taking pictures, and we will share with everyone!
- Creekview or red shirt
- Comfortable shoes
- Jacket - most of our trip will be spent outside, and the forecast is cold!
We also have learning goals for our students, so that the day will not only be fun, but be educationally valuable as well.
- I can describe how Sam Houston was important to the founding of Texas.
- I can describe aspects of everyday life in the 1800s.
- I can observe and listen attentively.
- I can ask relevant questions of experts (when appropriate) in order to gain better understanding.
We will be leaving the museum in Huntsville after lunch, so we should be back at Creekview around 2:00.
Thanks for helping to make this a great trip! Let me know if you have any questions!