This Week in 3rd Grade (2/26 - 3/2)
I hope everyone had a great weekend!
This week in 3rd grade…
- We will continue our geometry unit this week by discussing ways to classify and sort 2-D and 3-D figures using formal geometric language.
- Math homework will be going home on Monday. The homework will be due by Friday as we will be reviewing and checking it together in class that day.
- In science, we will be discussing the Earth’s numerous natural resources and ways we use them in our daily lives. We will then be moving into our solar system unit which is always a student favorite!
- Our seventh timed test for this Nine Weeks will be recorded this Friday, 3/2. This will be our eleventh test over the basic multiplication facts. This test will be a review of the multiplication facts involving 3, 4, 6, and 8 as factors through 3 x 10, 4 x 10, 6 x 10, and 8 x 10. We will be practicing these specific clusters of facts in class, but please study them at home as well.
- This week is “Read Across America Week”! We have several fun events scheduled for the week. The schedule of events is listed below:
- Tuesday, February 27 is “Sleepy Tuesday” - Wear your comfy pajamas!
- Wednesday, February 28 is “Wacky Hair Wednesday” - Come to school with your wackiest hairstyle!
- Thursday, March 1 is “Thing One and Thing Two Thursday” - Grab a friend and dress up as twins!
- Friday, March 2 is “Read Across America Day” - Dress up as your favorite book character!
- Ms. Sims, our GT specialist, has asked us to send out the following reminder to all of our parents: The Gifted & Talented parent recommendation window for spring testing is now open for students in grades 1 - 5. If interested in testing, please pick up a permission form & parent survey from the front office or send your request to email@example.com. Deadline for receiving recommendations is March 9th. Please contact Ms. Sims with questions. Test results will be available in late May.
Thank you so much for all of your support and help at home! Please let me know if you have any questions!