Weekly Update 11/08 - 11/13
Hello WONDERFUL Fourth Grade Families!
PROUD TEACHER ALERT: Wow! Our kiddos did an AMAZING job presenting Rise & Shine last week! I am so impressed (however, not surprised) by the level of leadership and kindness that my fourth grade students displayed to their kinder buddies. I owe Mrs. Fredrichs a huge ‘thank you’ for being so kind to record Thursday’s presentation and sharing it with me so that I can share it with you all! Mrs.Knee’s R+S Video Link
Here are a few exciting things coming up!
- Our class is scheduled to go to the BOOK FAIR TOMORROW (Wed, 11/10). Both classes have definitely practiced the Life Principle of Patient this week! I added an “assignment” in Schoology in the Reading course titled ‘Scholastic Book Fair Digital Flyer’ (not an actual assignment). Students may log into Schoology from home to access the digital book fair flyer and our CES book fair webpage where they can browse over 13,000 titles featured at the book fair this week. I highly encourage all students to access the flyer or webpage to get an idea of what they may want tomorrow, because we only have twenty short minutes to visit the book fair tomorrow. Visit HERE to learn more and get started with eWallet.
- Thursday, 11/11: Veterans Day - Wear RED, WHITE + BLUE!
- Yearbooks are now available for purchase! Yearbook Purchase Link
What We're Learning This Week:
Reading: I can recognize and explain the elements of Drama, such as character tags, acts, scenes, and stage directions. (We will have an assessment over Drama on Tuesday.) Students will also be taking the Fall Reading CBA on Thursday which covers everything we’ve learned this year so far.
Writing: I can determine my opinion or point of view on topic or text. I can include my opinion within the introduction of the topic when writing an argument.
Social Studies: I can analyze the way of life for the early Native Americans in Texas.
NOVEMBER BIRTHDAY SHOUT-OUT:
Happy Birthday to Jamison, Anthony, Roy, and Antonia!!!
Important Updates + Reminders:
- If you have not signed up or scheduled a parent-teacher conference, please let me know so that we can get you scheduled. Our goal is to meet with each parent in order to work together so that we can successfully support and challenge our kiddos adequately. We would also just love the opportunity to brag on your amazing student!
- The 2021-2022 Bluebonnet Books list: please encourage your child to as many of these books as possible (the goal is to read at least TEN books from the list) by Friday, January 21st, 2022. There will be a special end of the year celebration for all students to meet this goal and pass the AR quiz.
- Students can log on to Freckle at home to work on ELA skills that we’re covering in class. If you have any questions about this or how to log on - just ask!
- Students are expected be reading at home each night. I encourage students to take an Accelerated Reader (AR) quiz after each book they complete. Students have remote access to MyOn and Accelerated Reader until 6:00 pm every week night by logging in through their Clever student portal.
Thank you for all your love + support. Have a wonderful week! ♡
Lots & Lots of LOVE,