About Ms. Buchman (book-man)
I am thrilled to be teaching 3rd grade again this year at Creekview Elementary! This year is going to be different but with an open mind and determination, it may just be the best one yet! It will be a year to remember to say the least. My real "virtual" class will be using Schoology and Class Meet to learn real topics virtually.
This year will mark my 28th year of teaching in Texas. I grew up on a dairy farm in Indiana and was the first in my family to graduate from college. I graduated with a Bachelor of Science from Indiana University in Bloomington, Indiana. Then, I moved away from the cold and snow to the Houston area in 1993. Before coming to Creekview, I taught first grade in Alief ISD, second grade in Katy ISD, and fourth grade in San Augustine ISD.
I absolutely love being a teacher. My mom will tell you that I have been reading and teaching since I was three years old! I have three beautiful, strong, successful daughters who will tell you the same thing.
In my free time, I love spending time with my family, playing games, watching football (my fingers are crossed that there will be football to watch this season), traveling, visiting forts, and historical sites. I am so ready to get to travel again sometime in the future. My favorite things to do are camping, hiking, gardening, star gazing, bird watching, and reading. I have visited 30 Texas State Parks and 8 National Parks. I plan on seeing them all!
Being at Tomball ISD is a dream come true for me. Teaching and learning from Creekview third graders has been a great adventure. I can't wait to see where our new virtual adventures take us this year.
CES 3rd Grade 2020/2021 School Year Update
Dear 3rd Grade Parents,
I hope that this finds you and your family safe and healthy! Although your student won’t be returning to the school building for face to face instruction this grading period, I completely understand the decision you made for Tomball Virtual School was the right choice for the safety of your student and your family. Please keep an open mind as we navigate these uncharted waters together.
All of the Tomball ISD teachers are in the process of preparing NEW Schoology Classrooms to better serve all Tomball ISD students whether they are F2F or TVS. Instructions for accessing Schoology will be sent in a separate email in the next few days. All digital learning materials will be accessible through Schoology and Google Meet. I am asking you, the parents, to continue to serve as a support at home very much the same way you have done in the past. I will be there every step of the way.
Please let me know if you have any issues or concerns. Thank you for your understanding and patience during the beginning of this school year! Again, if there is anything that you need, please do not hesitate to reach out!
3rd Grade Teacher
Privacy Guidelines for Parents/Guardians
To maintain a positive, productive learning environment and assure confidentiality for students and teachers during distance learning, all parents/guardians are asked to follow these privacy guidelines:
- Google Meet virtual check-ins are designed for students. Please allow your child to be near enough to monitor, but far enough away that household events don’t distract. To prevent disruptions to the learning environment, parents/guardians should not actively participate in check-in sessions.
- For the safety and privacy of our students, do not video record, audio record, photograph, live stream, or transmit in any other way any part of a Google Meet virtual check-in, including not posting on any social media platform. This is a violation of our Acceptable Use Policy.
- Any confidential or personally identifiable information related to students participating during Google Meet virtual check-ins should not be collected, discussed or shared. This is a violation of our Acceptable Use Policy.
- Parents/guardians should not engage with students during Google Meet virtual check-ins. If you need to speak with your child during a check-in session, first mute your child’s microphone.
- If a parent/guardian has a question, please email your child’s teacher.
Parents/guardians should email your child’s principal with any questions or concerns regarding privacy or virtual classroom expectations.
Thank you for your support and cooperation in ensuring that distance learning is a positive, productive and enjoyable experience for all participants