Week of Oct. 10-13
We will generate more ideas for our narrative composition and identify what makes a quality writing topic and why.
We will do quick writes daily on some of our ideas to practice getting our thoughts down quickly. After choosing our quality narrative topic, we will sketch out the beginning, middle, and end of our narrative topic.
All of these strategies will inspire us to become more skilled writers.
Our Grammar focus this week will be Homophones and review subject, predicate, nouns, action verbs, and adjectives.
We will learn how to measure volume of a liquid using a graduated cylinder.
We will discuss the physical property and the density of an object to determine why it sinks or floats.
Spelling test Friday
Choice Board Homework Due Friday
***Next week we will start a new Choice Board for the 2nd 9 Weeks***
Up and Coming Events
- No need to stress about dinner tonight: Crust Pizza Spirit Night is tonight so come out and support our school.
- Monster Howl will be here before you know it, so get tickets and wrist bands soon
- Fall Picture day in Oct. 19
- NOTE: The week of Oct. 23-27th Mrs. Nichols homeroom class will present RISE and SHINE so be ready to come see your 4th grader shine on stage. All students will need to be at school this week on time. We will meet in the extra music room right off the cafeteria. Rise and Shine will begin promptly at 8:30.
- Red Ribbon Week Oct. 23-27
- Information from our PTO
Our Creekview Elementary PTO subscribes to the MySchoolAnywhere service for our family and faculty directories, online store, volunteer signups and email communications. It's secure, easy to use, and free to families.
Follow the link below to get your family signed up. You will have access to all volunteer opportunities, other kids in your child's homeroom class, and access to all teachers' email.
Acceptance: To ensure your family data is secure, all family submissions will be reviewed. Upon acceptance, you'll receive an email with login credentials and instructions for accessing the system.